I called the surgeon’s assistant at 8:30 this morning and got the answering machine informing me that their hours are 9:00-5:00. So, I called back at 8:59 and, after holding for a full 2 minutes, talked to Christy, Dr. V’s assistant. Christy said that Dr. V was/is available on April 9th, as was originally set up, however, the hospital didn’t have an operating room available until April 14th!!! She truly sounded as incredulous as I am that they had no openings even that far out and apologized profusely. What could I say?
Since I don’t really want my surgery performed in a closet somewhere, I shall continue to wait…but, if they move me out of that April 14th slot I think my head may pop off and surgery will no longer be needed! 🙂
I have my pre-op appointment on March 26th and I plan to take a list of questions with me (thanks to Stephanie I have an excellent start on that list!) and if anyone out there has been through this and has any suggestions on questions I might need to ask I’d appreciate the input!
Thanks for all the good wishes, thoughts and prayers. They are a great encouragement to me. Even though I know that the survival rate for this type of cancer is excellent, this has still been a pretty scary time for me.